LAX renovation project
Source: United Airlines
We’re working on a variety of enhancements that will create a brighter, more open United experience at Los Angeles International Airport. In partnership with Los Angeles World Airports, we’ve created a multi-year plan to renovate and improve the airport experience at United Terminal 7, Concourses 7 and 8. Completion is scheduled for mid-2017.
Here are the key changes you’ll see:
- A renovated check-in area with more self-service kiosks to speed up the check-in process.
- A new, state-of-the-art security checkpoint, featuring automatic bin return, parallel lanes for travelers and their luggage, and an improved layout that makes TSA screening more efficient.
- A brand new United ClubSM location with extra seating, powered workstations, modern furniture and an outdoor terrace with stunning views of the airport, downtown Los Angeles and the Hollywood Hills.
- New gate areas with better seating options and added charging stations, for more comfort and productivity while you’re waiting to board.
- Redesigned, relocated carousels in baggage claim allowing for easier baggage pickup.
As construction is being completed and a portion of our lobby remains closed for remodeling, you may want to allow extra time for check-in and security processing. We recommend that you check in through united.com or the United app, if possible, to avoid delays. Additionally, please allow extra time for bag drop off and security screening.
For more information, go to laxishappening.com